OWM LAW COVID-19 UPDATE
As of June 8, 2020, OWM’s physical office locations are open for scheduled appointments and real estate settlements, adhering to all State and CDC guidelines for safe business operations.
Click here for PA’s COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Businesses.
Michael B Murray Jr.
In my years of real estate and land use practice, I have represented developers, land owners, telecommunications companies and other applicants in every phase of obtaining project approvals from Municipal, County, State and Federal agencies. I have also served as a solicitor for municipalities, municipal authorities and zoning hearing boards. This public sector expertise promotes development of strong relationships with elected and appointed officials and brings a practical approach to cut through "red tape" and think "outside the box" to solve complicated issues to obtain project approvals.
Legal Talk Archives.
Real Estate Tax Assessment Appeals (June 2011)
How real estate taxes are calculated; procedures for appealing your tax assessment.
- Over fifteen years of diverse business law experience, including Real Estate, Municipal Law, Contracts and Project Management, with emphasis in Zoning and Land Use matters.
- Land Use litigation before Pennsylvania agencies and courts.
- Development of shopping centers, office and industrial buildings, retail stores, restaurants, mixed use developments and hospitals.
- Development of every form of residential subdivision from single family, town house, multi-family, apartment and mixed use developments.
- Represented telecommunication and tower companies in PA and New Jersey to obtain municipal zoning approvals for tower and antenna sites throughout South Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Handled complex issues such as development of major power centers that cross municipal boundaries requiring the coordination of multiple developers, municipalities, state and federal agencies to complete the project and to bring infrastructure improvements to a project area from outside the municipality of development.
- Represented property owners seeking relief from excessive property valuations, exemption from real estate tax and application for preferential assessment, before the Boards of Assessment Appeals for Chester, Montgomery, Delaware, Bucks and Berks counties.
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- New Jersey, 1997
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1996
- Villanova University
- B.S. - 1993
- Major: Accounting
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Campaign Finance Chairman for Pennsylvania Senator John Rafferty, Chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee
- Campaign Finance Chairman for Pennsylvania Senator John Rafferty (Chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee)
- Vice Chairman/Board of Directors, and General Counsel, FeeltheWarmth.org (collection and distribution of winter coats)
- Board of Directors, Phoenixville Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Sponsor of numerous fundraising activities for AI DuPont Children's Hospital
- The International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Exton Regional Chamber of Commerce
- The Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry
- The Home Builders Associations of Bucks/Montgomery and Chester/Delaware Counties
- The Republican Committees of Chester and Montgomery Counties