In my nursing career, I approached health care holistically, in that true health requires the coordination of medical care with the patient's economic issues, interpersonal relationships, and sometimes, spiritual values. It is my feeling that elder law is a continuation of the holistic medical model, by also incorporating legal issues with traditional health care issues. As we age, there are issues that impact our ability to age gracefully with dignity. We at O'Donnell, Weiss & Mattei, P.C. are able to provide a comprehensive approach to maintain individuals' hopes and expectations, and improve their lives as they age.
*Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
Admitted to Practice
Estate Planning Certificate, Graduate Tax, Villanova University School of Law, 2004
Click here to view the available Chester County Night School adult education courses regarding elder law and estate planning taught by Kathleen M. Martin.
Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Elder Law Committee
- PA Bar Association (PBA) Elder Law Section, Council Member
- PA Association of Elder Law Attorneys (PAELA), Member
Community Activities and Memberships
- Tri-County Community Network Board Member (Vice-President) and Caregiver Support Group Member
- PA Bar Institute (PBI) Presenter
- Regular columnist for The Mercury - please visit OWM Law's Publications page to view Legal Ease articles
- Presenter at numerous groups in area, CCNS regular instructor
- Registered Nurse, Abington Memorial Hospital
- Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
- Registered Nurse, Certified in Home Health Care
- Visiting Nurse Association of Pottstown and Vicinity, 13 years as field nurse, quality assurance and Nursing Supervisor
Crisis in American Healthcare: How Will the Medicare Eligible Population Pay for Prescription Drugs? 6 Holy Cross Journal of Law and Public Policy 69 (2001).
Pottstown and Phoenixville Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate Lawyer